Monday 13 September 2010

First Project - Summer Vacation pictures

Hi all!

The first project that I want you to complete this semester is to tell me about your summer vacation. I'm sure you all had a good time over the summer, but I would like you to tell me something that was particularly memorable. As an example of my own summer holiday, please look here:

The project will be worth 10 points of your overall score for this semester. This weeks lesson will be worth 3 points.

THIS WEEKS LESSON:

  • We are going to think about our summer holiday and what we enjoyed the most. Here are some questions to focus on:


Where did you go?
Who with?
What did you do?
What was the best thing about your vacation?




  • Talk to classmates about their summer vacation using the same questions as above:


Where did you go?
Who with?
What did you do?
What was the best thing about your vacation?




  • Each time you have spoken to someone about your summer vacation, there will be a 2 minute break for you to think about and improve your story.

  • Once you've spoken to three people, I want you to tell the members of your group about the best story you heard.

  • Finally, I want you as a group to decide the best story to tell to the rest of the class.


HOMEWORK:

  1. I want you to all create a voicethread account. (CLICK HERE) (1 point)

  2. Upload a picture from your summer holiday. (1 point) If you do not have a picture, you can use a picture from the internet.

  3. Give the picture a title (1 point)

  4. Prepare a comment for your picture (HINT: you can use the story that you made today as the comment).

No comments:

Post a Comment